Sunday, November 13, 2011

Extraordinary walking turns into extraordinary finds!

Stuffed from lunch, we decided to go on a walk to burn off some of the calories we have been consuming.  We started walking around the Gas Lamp district of San Diego, and then started moving towards city hall.  I have to admit, we started to see an unusual amount of bail bonds establishments, leading me to believe we were close to the jail.  Talk about motivation to quicken your step!

About a mile from the hotel, we stumbled across extraordinary desserts.  It was like one of my best dreams had materialized in front of my very eyes!  The desserts were just so darn beautiful!  True works of art.  It was almost as if everything was so pretty that it was impossible to decide what was coming home with us.  In the end, only three made it back- an tart and buttery lemon bars, the most amazing raspberry linzer shortbread, and a torta misu.  I am not sure which was the best as they all held their own in their own genre, but I think I may have had to give "best in show" to the torta misu.  Made with ricotta cheese, espresso and lots of other good thing, it was light as a cloud, buttery with just a hint of mocha.  Truly one of the best cakes I've ever eaten.  I think it will be a lifelong goal for me to try and taste everything.  Thank God, this place isn't any closer to the Bay Area!!




No comments:

Post a Comment