Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bottega Louie

I have to admit, when we started this adventure, I thought that there are only a handful of people who would be able to hang with me.  Once I excluded all family members, that number was significantly reduced to three- Mayumi being one of them.  Prior to departure, I set the expectation that this was going to be a hard core food trip.  This was not a trip for the faint of belly.

After day one, I was starting to think I had met my match.  I could feel myself significantly start to slow down with respect to the food frenzy and yet Mayumi did not seem to be affected.  Alas, she was just a trooper.  I think after the gastronomic experience at Mario's, each one of us realized, we needed to move beyond the diners, drive-ins, and dives and perhaps, take the time to enjoy our meals...we were now in search of symphonies vs. remixes.

Our first meal of the day on Sunday was close to noon!  Can you imagine that?!  Considering that 24 hours ago, we had had three meals and coffee by this time.  Following a recommendation, we ventured into downtown L.A. to Bottega Louie.  The scene was light, airey, and bustling with energy.  We were concerned that it would be a long wait, but we only had a ten minute lull.  It actually worked in our favor as along with being a restaurant, Bottega Louie also sold amazing confections.  We are going to pause now to revel in the masterpieces.

The sell over 85,000 macaroons a week

Stuffed cupcakes



Pastries that remind me of France

No comments:

Post a Comment